#AanyaGirl: Founder of The Vibe Tribe
As celebrations kick off around the world for International Women's Day, we are excited to introduce Cristina McLauchlan, founder of The Vibe Tribe, to the #AanyaGirl community. We have had the pleasure of working closely together over the past few weeks and she is nothing short of bold, inspiring & empowering.
Get to know our #ChangeMaker in this intimate feature below where she shares her journey, life values, struggles & her thoughts on conscious consumption.
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself & what you do.
I hail from the beautiful country of New Zealand. I am a free spirited global citizen that calls the world my home and Hong Kong base camp, for now. A lover of mother nature, living the best that I can embodying a conscious holistic lifestyle. I have an appetite to learn about how I can contribute to #RaiseTheVibe for my fellow global community and how I can best support mother earth as she feels the pressures of accommodating to modern day life.
For 'work' - I wear several amazing hats - ethical publicist, brand activist, conscious collaborator and holistic lifestyle designer. After 2 decades of working in the fast rhythm of corporate life, the universe threw a MAJOR curve ball almost 2 years ago. As everything happens for a reason, that moment in time, gifted me the opportunity to kick start my passion project -The Vibe Tribe.
My intention is to support brands and individuals strategically develop their overall product story and offering.
Though your questions of what do I do? Well I do the best that I can with the day that is gifted to me, doing my best to contribute to those around me each day and spreading the best vibes around.
2) Can you share four life values you live by/OR four conscious decisions you've incorporated into your life.
- Everything is as it should be, TRUST the process and ride the wave for it is the beautiful flow of life (hard to do I know!).
- Meditate. meditate, meditate - gift yourself with space in 'time'. You owe it to your'self' and carry that practice into everyday living.
- Love over Fear: Compassion & Empathy each day for yourself and for all those you come into contact with.
- Try not to compare - challenging in this world of instant media and information, where we can fabricate what lives can really be like...comparison is the thief of JOY.
3) What are your passions? What motivates you?
4) Is there something you've struggled with personally that has transformed you & your approach to life?
5) What does it take to be a "Global Citizen"?
6) Can you share one cause you feel very strongly about? And what we can do to help?
Aanya, is helping this cause as the brand garments are ethically made. The clothing industry is the second most polluting industry to our planet. I am a supporter of slow, ethical fashion & recycled fashion.
To find out more about Cristina, be sure to connect with her on her website or Instagram @_thevibetribe_ ! In the meantime, enjoy -10& off your clothing order with an exclusive coupon code 'VIBEXAANYA'.