Preparation time: 20 minutes, makes about 16 balls
- 450g Organic Peanut Butter
- 5 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 160mg African Cannamed CBD Oil
- 4 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Whole Coconut
- 100ml Filtered Water
- Optional: 3 tbsp Organic Agave Nectar
1. Crack and blend the coconut flesh with the coconut water and 100ml filtered water in a blender. Strain the flesh through a sieve, collecting the cream in a bowl, using a large spoon to press it dry.
2. Mix the CBD oil with the coconut oil in a separate bowl to create a mix.
3. Add the peanut butter, cacao powder, sesame seeds, optimal agave nectar, CBD/ coconut oil, half of the shredded coconut and coconut cream into a large mixing bowl - mix well with a spoon until it is a dense sticky consistency.
4. Using your clean hands, shape the mixture into balls of your liking, rolling them in the remaining shredded coconut before placing on a plate.
5. When all done, refrigerate for at least 2 hours and enjoy!
Baba’s Bites is a recipe book created by two siblings, Matthew and Rebecca, in their discovery of wellness through food and Ayurveda.
Together, they have both come to know the importance of right eating as the primal foundation for human and planetary health. It is becoming clear that ‘Climate Change’ is no longer just the wildfire on our televisions - it is affecting us all on a very personal level.
Modern agriculture practices and the reliance of unnatural food and chemicals within our present-day nourishment has caused a depletion of basic and essential nutrients in the topsoil of our earth. It is no coincidence that our bodies may not feel as optimal as we wish, with many people searching for a more natural and organic method to improve their physical and mental health.
The needs for a varied and balanced diet, increased education and planetary protection come hand in hand. Together they can rekindle the belief that our earth already holds everything we need to be healed.
This book aims to tackle our own little portion of the bigger picture, with a hope of giving people a stronger understanding of how food can be used to bring their bodies into better harmony through simply eating well.